Orient Express offers full range of customs clearance services in the Far Eastern Region, including the following:
Preparation of Customs Declaration, domestic and international customs transit (documentary work-flow);
Customs clearance documents verification (if needed);
Payment of custom fees and duties;
Customs declaration of goods and vehicles on our own behalf (depending on the contract);
Representing clients’ interests at customs.
Based on your inquiry, we will provide you with a detailed quotation for each consignment of import, export or transit cargo:
Transportation time and cost;
Terminal costs related to cargo handling at Commercial Ports of Nakhodka and Vladivostok and Vostochny Port;
Internal customs transit clearance.
In case if you need to do temporary import or export shipment of goods, equipment or exhibition materials (except vehicles) to another country, Orient Express is experienced in processing documents in ATA Carnet system. This system of customs clearance applies to international exhibitions, competitions, tours.
Obtaining a Carnet has the following advantages:
- A Carnet seeds up and minimizes costs of temporary international import and export of cargos. You won’t have to worry about any other customs documents.
- A Carnet acts as an international financial guarantee, so bank or other additional guarantees are not required. A Carnet holder is free of import duty charge.
- Carnet validity period is 12 months, provided there are no restrictions to that period imposed by the state where temporary import is done. Within the validity period, the Carnet holder may import cargo to any Carnet member country.
- No translation into the foreign language is required.
- Products imported under Carnet may be sold with assistance from a customs authority.
Cargos Eligible for ATA Carnet:
- Equipment for exhibitions and trade fair events, conferences, other events related to demonstration of goods and vehicles;
- Professional equipment;
- Commercial products;
- Samples and other kinds of goods;
- Educational, cultural and scientific products;
- Reusable packaging, e.g. containers, pallets, etc.
Carnet can be applicable to import of personal computers, professional photo and video cameras, musical, industrial, medical equipment, vehicles, holy relics, artworks, stage clothing.